हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे राम हरे राम राम राम हरे हरे

Arquivo

quinta-feira, 22 de julho de 2010

Homenagem a Sriman Aindra Prabhu – SS Lokanatha Swami

Lokanatha Swami:
"My dear devotees,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada! All glories to HG Aindra
Prabhu!
My assistant called me from India, when I was on the way to the airport in
Burma, and asked whether I heard about Aindra Prabhu. With the kind of tone
in which he enquired, I thought of the worst, and it was true. Aindra had
left us behind. I was shaken, shattered and shocked. I thought of flying to
Vrndavan, but the arrangements could not be made in time. Unfortunately I
couldn't be there today also with you all who have assembled in front of
Krsna Balaram to remember and glorify HG Aindra Prabhu. So, yesterday I
appealed to HG Panca Gauda Prabhu to share my offering with you.
After hearing the news of Aindra Prabhu's untimely departure, I just took
shelter of his kirtans - I immediately put on my ipod, and throughout the
flight I listened to his kirtans and talks, and while doing so, I felt his
presence. I was with him more than ever before as I was hearing his voice -
his body language, lip movements etc were there - although audio, it was
visual as well for me.
One talk I heard was in Vrndavan, on the appearance day of Srimati Lalitha
Sakhi. It was a long talk, and he ended the talk by 10.15 that morning. He
was really relishing talking, and I would like to share short excerpts from
that talk about 2 traits of his personality - one is the Kirtan and the
other one is his internal private bhajan. He shared how both of these came
to him as instructions from Srila Prabhupada through the medium of dreams.
He was sharing that in the beginning he had been a Srila Prabhupada book
distributor for 8 yrs in New York and then he had a desire to organise
Harinaam Festival there. He had come to India to get instruments and other
paraphernalia. While he was residing at one life members' home in New Delhi,
he dreamt of Srila Prabhupada and shared it with the devotees present during
the appearance day celebrations. The dream prepared him for the Harinaam
Festival in New York for a while and subsequently for nearly a quarter of a
century of service doing the 24 hour kirtan in the Krsna Balaram temple.
"The reason why I'm bringing this up is because that night I slept outside
in the courtyard and I had a dream where Prabhupada comes to me in a dream
and he says, "Aindra, what are you doing?" Because it's the first time that
I ever slept off of the legitimate ISKCON controlled property - even in
America we would pay rent to the motels or whatever so in that sense because
we were paying rent and establishing a temple as such in a motel room and
doing our morning program etc in a motel room - so it is legitimate. But
this time I was like, the first time in 8-9 or 10 years or so that I had
slept off of Prabhupada's legitimate, you know, properties. So Prabhupada
came to me in a dream and he said, "What are you doing?" And then I began to
enthusiastically describe to him how I was making a Harinaam Sankirtan
festival program, and as I was saying that, suddenly it dawned on me that I
had given up my book distribution. In the presence of Prabhupada, when he
was saying like that and then I started enthusiastically explaining about my
project - it just kind of like overwhelmingly dawned on me that I had given
up, you know, my most important number one priority service to Srila
Prabhupada - kind off assisting him in the doubling and redoubling of his
book distribution as we had done in previous years. So I immediately broke
down and started crying and crying. And Srila Prabhupada, he took my head on
his shoulder - because this is just a dream, right? (Ha ha ha) - but it was
real for me (ha ha ha). Lots of you had such dreams; but he took my head on
his shoulders and he was patting me on the head and was telling me - it's
ok, you do it very nicely - so he was encouraging me to do my Harinaam
festival program and that I should do it very nicely because he knew my
intentions - my intentions were to at least make some kind of small humble
attempt to rebuild, revitalise Harinaam Sankirtan which had been so terribly
neglected in our society for so many years. You, know, so still I'm trying
to do something in that regard in a humble way - I don't know how effective
it is.
Srila Prabhupada also told me in another dream, "Our real business - this
will also blow some people away - our real business is to become
bhajananandi" I'm sitting in front of Srila Prabhupada and in front of the
Deities so I'm not making it up and its not something which is just a
figment of my imagination, you know, manifesting like, u know, sky flowers
or banana hairs or horse eggs or something like that"
"Reading and distribution of Srila Prabhupada's books facilitates one to
become bhajananandi. Jiva Gosvami defines ghostianandi as a bhajananandi who
likes to share the realisations amongst the family members. Goshti means
family, one who experiences ananda, on the anandamoy platform, relishes the
spiritual substance, association with the spiritual substance. When we say
goshtianandi i Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur says the best gosthianandi
is the bhajananandi who preaches"
So, Aindra Prabhu was bhajananandi and goshtianandi. I would say also
Naamanandi. The kirtans which he performed and relished in front of Krsna
Balaram are resounding all over the planet. His sound travels all over. His
kirtans are everywhere, and in many places they play his kirtans during
Aartis also, as I have personally witnessed during my travels all over the
world. When there is no one to lead kirtan, they put on his tapes. So many
try to learn by imitating his unique style of kirtan.
His fans and followers are everywhere, so in sound, a Vaishnava never dies,
and he remains in his sound resounding - Bhakti Vinode Thakur states that he
reasons ill who thinks that a Vaishnava dies, as he is always present in his
sound vibrations. That certainly applies to Aindra prabhu, whose sound
vibrations would perpetuate for all time to come. Aindra and his kirtans
have become household words.
He has disappeared from our vision but he has not left Vrndavan, and he will
continue to stay in Vrndavan singing the glories of Radha Shyam.
Another special dimension to his personality that we all remember him for is
his love for dressing Radha Shyamsundar, in which he would put all his heart
and in which he would express all his love and strength and artistic
talents.
I am going to dearly miss him. We shared platform together as we were team
members, during kirtans during Kartick in Vrndavan and in front of
Pancatattva in Mayapur during Gaura Purnima festival. He used to always be
next to me inspiring me and backing me up. He was also one of my spiritual
heroes.
My dear Aindra, the best tribute we could pay to you is to pray for
spiritual strength to carry on your high octane kirtan spirit with all the
missionary spirit you exhibited.
I offer my obeisances at your spiritual lotus feet and beg for forgiveness
for any offences committed. I hope to imbibe your spirit for at least a
little while till I'm here in this body, and hopefully we will meet again
somewhere, and hopefully I will join you wherever you are and we will do
kirtan together.
Your servant,
Lokanath Swami."

Buscar